Business and content editor Volunteer
Position: Business and content editor Volunteer
Purpose: Compile and edit content that will engage users and increase rankings.
Reports: To operations
TechBuzz hub is a social enterprise for capacity building for entrepreneurs, innovators and investors.
The business and content editor volunteer oversees the compilation editing and publication of appropriate and meaningful business content for use across a wide range of social media platforms.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Overseeing all TechBuzz Hub content production initiatives including all social media platforms, emails, and web pages by checking margins, word spacing, and repetitive word breaks and so forth.
- Work with colleagues across the business to help develop online and offline content for use across different media including assessing reports, supporting documentation, marketing collateral and website/ social media.
- Optimize online content to help improve search rankings and user engagement including responding to public comments if necessary.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of content strategies and consult with the director.
Qualification, skills and experience:
- The suitable candidate for the business content editor job placement must either hold or be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mass communication, Journalism or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an understanding of the special requirement of writing for web such as use of key words, hyperlinks under tight deadlines.
- Skills of using web content management system to update content online.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent spelling grammar and punctuation skills.
- Excellent proposal writing skills as well as previous experience in an editorial or web related position is an added advantage.
How to apply
If your experiences and qualification meet TechBuzz Hub requirements;
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org