I. Position Information
Job Title: Programs Manager – TechBuzz Hub
Position Number: 2
Reports: Team Leader
Date of Issuance: December 23, 2020
Closing Date: January 3, 2021
Duration and Type of Assignment: Full Time Employment
II. Job Purpose and Organizational Context
About TechBuzz Hub
TechBuzz Hub is a limited company that started in 2016 in Uganda to operate under the Technology, Business and Innovation Consulting Services sector offering workspaces, mentorship, incubation and capacity building services mainly in central areas of Uganda but to those other clients ready to use our services upcountry
Our mission is to help youth fulfill their enterprise establishment dreams and vision by supporting their ideas or businesses.
We do this by combining a great deal of industry earned and professional experience, deep analysis of factors that affect enterprise development success and applying innovative and creative approaches to serve our enterprising clients. We also have an organized business process enterprise structuring, managing and serving clients’ needs with the innovative remote platforms that provide ease of doing business and enabling growth. For more details about TechBuzz Hub, visit our website at www.techbuzzhub.org
TechBuzz Hub operates as a limited liability company, top management and a business management team.
Some of the key business challenges that we have set off to address in the short to medium term include:
– Build facilities and platforms that support young entrepreneurs
– Implement programs that build entrepreneurs capacity to manage businesses
– Attract collaborations that compliment our goals and objectives
– Attract more clients
To do this, TechBuzz Hub has identified key activity areas, including
– Streamlining business operations and strategy development
– Empowering entrepreneurs with inclusive solutions
– Marketing and content/information development
• Social media pages
• Other advertising channels
– Clients management
• Constant contact queries management and feedback documentation
• Developing solutions for and with them
– Constant assessment and trainings for progress tracking
– Identifying potential partners and building business relationships.
For this, TechBuzz Hub is seeking the services of a Programs Manager to lead and harmonize the different projects’ requirements under this company.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support to strengthening TechBuzz Hub internal operations to achieve clientele trust (70%)
This position will take charge of supervising of this company’s support staff (“TechBuzz Hub”) Specifically:
▪ Be the focal person in monitoring client satisfaction, clients needs and support.
▪ Work with support team to implement and deliver beyond client expectations
▪ Monitor internal performance based on support roles optimization
▪ Manage the work process flow. etc.
· Monthly development work plans
· Progress and performance reports
· Brand trust development and clients growth
2. Oversee knowledge management (KM) and communications for the “TechBuzz Hub Limited (30%)
The Programs Manager will take lead on social media communications – to deliver on:
▪ Developing and managing content creation and production (print, online, social media, audio and visual)
▪ Assist in drafting and editing of a wide range of materials, including media products, blog, posts, web content, brochures and presentations
▪ Manage the “TechBuzz Hub platforms including but not limited to websites and social media, systems etc.
· Educational, Operational and marketing content
· Products and services
· Growth in the number of Clients
IV. Competencies and Selection Criteria
• Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
• Good organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
Ability to multi-task and manage various work process elements simultaneously
Communication and Relationship Management:
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to engage and foster strategic partnerships with other companies and forge productive working relationships
• Ability to gain trust of peers, partners, clients by presenting concepts in practical terms to other
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
• Ability to organize and perform a variety of specialized tasks simultaneously related to Results Management, including administrative support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
• Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
• Ability to provide input towards the improvement of service delivery and processes
Leadership and Self-Management:
• Focuses on the result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Interacts with others in a professional, respectful, and friendly manner.
• Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
• Communicates clearly and convincingly.
Good knowledge and handling of project and programs
Good understanding of the wider objectives of running programs;
Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved
Strong leadership and management skills;
The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
Some good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation
Very passionate about entrepreneurship and our vision, objectives and goals
Passionate about using Technology to assist businesses or solve problems
V. Recruitment Qualifications
At least a Diploma / bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration,entrepreneurship. computer science, or related discipline.
• Working experience of at least a year for Bachelor degree holders or Diploma holders in a field related to digital innovation / technology or consulting.
• Experience working with startups would be an added advantage
Proficiency in English.
Deadline: 30th January 2021